So you want to use the Homebrew Browser?
The Homebrew Browser is a homebrew application that lets you find and download other homebrew apps right to your SD card on the Wii. It is the easiest way to install most simple applications.
What you should install first
What you need
- SD Card (an SDHC card is also suitable if you are at firmware version 4.0 or higher)
What to download
- Homebrew Browser application files from this page.
- Unzip the Homebrew Browser and copy the homebrew_browser folder to sd:/apps
- I.e., you should have sd:/apps/homebrew_browser/boot.dol, sd:/apps/homebrew_browser/icon.png and sd:/apps/homebrew_browser/meta.xml when you are done.
Using Homebrew Browser
- Start Homebrew Browser with the Homebrew Channel
- Homebrew Browser will usually update its list of apps at startup. Let it do so.
- Navigate the menus to find apps you wish to install.
Which apps should I install?
- It's all up to you. Enjoy the search.