On my 3rd soft-modding of the Wii, I used letterbomb with GAF's Tutorial (Wii is connected to the Internet) and everything works, games on usb hd & forwarder also, but only if I use with the SD.
2) Homebrew Channel 1.0.8
3) BootMii / hackMii 0.8
4) Formatted USB notebook HDD Toshiba 60GB to FAT32 using FAT32_GUI_Formatter.exe (This HDD worked on the 2 other Wii's)
5) IOS236 Installer v6
6) d2x cIOS Installer v2.2, Slot 248 - Base 56, Slot 247 - Base 57
7) Hermes' IOS222/223, Slot 224 - Base 37 v5.1)
8) CFG USB Loader v70 and uses 248 (meta.xml done)
9) Finally, Forwarder used: USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v11b Stripes.wad
For my other two Wii's I run everything off USB HD, for this setup I cannot, even though I moved sd:/apps & sd:/usb-loader to usb hd. Homebrew will not see apps and CFG (or forwarder) will not run.
I've searched forums and any help would be appreciated !